The overall aim of SEA is to improve the delivery of literacy & basic skills courses for adults through adequately trained teachers.
The objectives are:
- To gather expertise in the partner countries on competences needed for workers and volunteers in adult education in general and basic skills teachers in particular.
- To agree on a list of criteria training curricula, methods and materials should comply to in terms of knowledge and competences.
- To discuss current curricula, methods and materials used in partner countries, in relation to this list of criteria.
- To realize a list of recommendations on training content and curriculum for the training of basic skills teachers, both professionals and volunteers.
Subjects we want to address:
- The urgency to dispose of training curricula, methods and materials that are specially suitable for teachers and trainers working with adults, based on existing research and expertise.
- The importance to clarify the roles and tasks of professional adult educators on one hand and the roles and tasks of volunteers on the other hand and subsequently the necessary competences.